A day in the life

"The hardest thing about the world is just to live in it"

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

geez louise

wouldn't it be cool to know someone named Louise? I would be like "geez Lousie" all the time. I don't think that she would stay my friend for very long as I suppose that would get old very quickly!!

Anywho, good lord it's been a long time, life has been so busy. I was completely ill for like 2 weeks. i thought that I was prehaps on my death bed. Lucky for all of those who love me, I recovered quite well and am currently just a little more snotty than usual. I know that everyone wanted to know that!! I apparently do not know how to look after myself while I am sick. During the first couple of days of being ill, I had to play baseball. like I was going to miss the first games of the playoffs just because I had a little bit of a cold. So I played ball. Well we ended up playing three games that night, as it was a best of three series, we won two of the three, but playing ball for 5 hours striaght, definately not how you get better. Then to add injury to insult, i fell down. Well, actually, I knocked over the chickie second baseman who blocked the bag everytime anyone was running there. Figured I was a chick so I could knock her over without getting into trouble. Didn't get into trouble but I scraped up my knees really badly!!!! On the right knee I had a 2 by 1 inch laceration. the left knee was only about an inch long. Man did they hurt. then, I guess I didn't look after them very well cause they got infected and now I am on antibiotics for them. they are still very painful, but the look on that girls face was so worth it!!

if anyone is interested www.softballleagueofwinnipeg.com is the league i play in and my team is the green bastards.

So big news in my life!! Quit my job, going to live as a bumb on the street. just kidding, got a new job. Close to home, in the Markham professional center. Going to be working for two women GP's. They are really nice and only wok five minutes (walking) from home!! I start on the 21st of August!! I am so excited. YOu all should have seen the look on Dr. Ahsan's face when I told him, I thought he might have a heart attack. But they found a new girl and I am training her this week. The only thing that I am worried about at the new job is that I will not really get any training as the woman that I am replacing retired on the 11th. I went in a couple of nights last week, while I was sick...but I really haven't seen how the office runs during the week. oh well, good thing I'm a quick learn!!!

Dixie Chicks are coming very soon. As well, Michelle, Tiff and i are going to see Colin Raye at the end of the month. And Stacia is coming into town on Saturday from Ottawa to visit and Chris and Claire are going to be here soon!! I'm all like ahhhhh!! Life is so crazy!! all this excitement at once. Plus Big brother is on TV, which currently does nothing but makes me mad. And yet I can't stop watching...go figure. I play ball again on Thursday night, yippie. This time no battle wounds!!!

My friend Darlene had a baby girl, named Janelle. I'm so excited cause I get to meet her tomorrow!! BABIES everywhere!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    ahhh, i know!!! 25 days (give or take) until I'm an autie!!!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sounds like quite the events going on with you... crazy stuff!!! i find it funny how you used the word "laceration"... i would only ever use "cut"... as in, i got a cut on my knee... not a laceration... but hey, you go girl with the big words!

    and hey, Tell your friend Darlene that she named her baby well!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home