A day in the life

"The hardest thing about the world is just to live in it"

Monday, March 20, 2006

HAppy Birthday...to me

So tomorrow is my birthday! the big 2-2. I love my birthday, always have...I could go without the "another year older" thing, but birthdays are fun!

Last night I went to my parents house for my family birthday dinner. It was so good. We had ribs (my favourite) and rice and potato and macaroni salad, and regular salad and dairy queen ice cream cake for dessert. It was great. Michelle got me that board game...Scene it, the friends edition (we all know about my friends obsession!). Dad got me the Garth BRooks special edition set from Walmart (GArth is a God!!). Mom got me a battery charger for the camera that she bought me for Christmas and Walk the Line (best movie...ever!). Mary and Colin got me a plain black comforter that I have been wanting since I moved into my own place. Can I just say that I didn't even have a birthday list and I got everything that I could have wanted!! It was sad that Chris and Claire weren't here, but I got to talk to Chris quickly (it was fantasy baseball draft last night, so he was busy). When I got off the phone I realised that I didn't send my best to Claire and baby, so I'll do that now...I love you all and miss you and I wish you happiness and health!!

So tomorrow...my "real" birthday. I have to work all day becuase unfortunately i was not born on a national holiday (darn). but then i am going to the gym (yay) and then coming home to sit on my bum!! Why you might ask, would i go to the gym on my birthday? That's because Tiffany is making a birthday dinner!! Meatloaf and corn potatos and gravy. then for dessert...a brownie ice cream cake...think i like ice cream much??? I'm so excited! That is why I have to go to the gym, I have all this good food to eat when i get home!

So the next time I chat with everyone I will be another year older...and another year wiser???

4 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger claire said…

    Hi Elizabeth!!!
    Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you have a fun day planned, aside from the work part. My birthday is close to being on a holiday, being that it is Groundhogs Day, but still no day off. Wouldn't it be great to have your birthday on, say Canada Day, and you would know that you would never have to work on it!! Anyway, thanks for the shout out, and have a really great day!!!

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Tomato said…

    Happy birthday liz, alas i have no gift for you ba-rump-a-pum-pum.

    My birthday happens to coincide with the roman catholic event of "all souls day" which instead of remembering to buy me presents, people remember those no longer with us.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you enjoy your birthday! I, on the other hand, hate my birthday... they are NEVER good so I've given up on them... I enjoy other people's birthdays more than my own!

    Party on girl!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Allison said…

    Happy Birthday, Girl! One of my favorite birthday memories was one summer when i was working saturday to wednesday, and getting thursday, friday off. My b-day fell on a thursday that year, so i didn't have to work (yay!), but almost everyone else i knew did (boo). Your big sister had the day off though, so we spent the morning at the gym together, and it was awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home