A day in the life

"The hardest thing about the world is just to live in it"

Friday, September 15, 2006

not again

Sorry everyone, I guess it's been awhile since I updated...again! Lots has been going on since my last update.

Baseball season is finished, and we came in fourth, just out of the medal standings. boo. it was a fun season though, and as long as the team remembered that it was just a game and not to take it too seriously we all had a good time. I definately think that in the off season I will have to be doiong some practicing so that they ask me back next year!! Tomorrow night is the league wind-up. From what I understand, it is a big dinner / social. I think that I plan on having a lot of fun!! there might be a few drinks involved in the evening...

Chris and Claire were in town for Allison and Sang's wedding. We had a really nice visit. I was happy that there was a night when everyone came over to my place, not often do people come over and hang out with me here, and by people I mean the family. I was impressed that 9 months pregnant Claire got up the stairs with very little huffing and puffing, I guess it doesn't say much for me that on some days I end up huffing and puffing by the time I get in the door! For anyone wondering, I am not an Autie yet. Chris and Claire drove home safely along with Jane (Claire's mom) wihtout having the baby. Now according to their blog, she is 40 weeks and four days pregnant! I can't wait to be an aunt...hint hint. All in all I hope that they feel as though they had a successful visit, I definately enjoyed seeing them. I hope that you guys move home sometime...it sucks you being so far away!

Allison and Sang are married!!!! It was a beautiful ceremony at the church. Allison looked stunning, as did Sang! I think that it was a picture perfect day for a wedding. The reception was really fun. Michelle and I danced the night away. The DJ was great, the dinner was wonderful and of course, the speeches made me cry. About half way throught the evening, I had a little breakdown, realizing that I am all along and not in love, constantly being surrounded by people in love can do that to you! I just got myself another drink and continued on partying! Here's a first for me, I cought the bouquet! That freaked me out even more, as earlier in the day I had a full conversation regarding the fact that Allison was really the last of the close friends in Mary and Chris' generation to get married so that meant that my firends and I were next. I am totally NOT ready to get married. I definately ready for a bf, but for marriage, no way! Today I got an email from Allison with where we could see the wedding photos online and they are all amazing. they went to the ruins in St. Nobert and they are brilliant. I never would have thought to get them done there but boy oh boy did they turn out well!!

So the wedding was on the long weekend, and on the monday, we had a surprise bbq to celebrate my parents 30 wonderful years of marriage!! It was a lot of fun too. Mary and Colin made great food and all the kids were there, which is nice because we hardly all get together anymore. Plus Claire's parents were there and Colin's mom. It was truly the entire family!! Lets just say that mom and dad had a good time, as I had to drive home!!!

So i think that is mainly it. Big Brother is done (and I'm ok wiht the outcome!) and survivor is beginning! Work is going good. working for women is definately not what I expected, but it is not a bad thing. We got wicker furniture for the balconey which looks great and is comfy!I'll let everyone know when I'm an auntie!!! Take care

3 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger claire said…

    We definitely had lots of fun in WPG and it was great to get to do lots of family things as well. You have one of the comfiest couches, Elizabeth and Friends Scene It was lots of fun! Still no baby yet, but I'll be induced on Tuesday if it doesn't show up before then!! We'll let you know when he/she shows up!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Allison said…

    Aw, that was really sweet to hear you say all thouse nice things about the wedding. I'm so glad you had fun. It was a great day for me to be surrounded by friends and family. I would say I had more fun, because you were there.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Leonard said…

    Hi Elizabeth. Just wanted to let you know we have a new blog, leonardandlily.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home